Friday, July 18, 2014

RYAN HOLIDAY ON HIS BOOK "THE OBSTACLE IS THE WAY"



Among the core principles of my Art of Connecting course is "The First Principle" from the Enchiridion by Epictetus. The essence of that passage is how to achieve happiness with a focus on those things that are in one's own power to control. 

The focus of my course are actions that lead to an excellent connection with oneself and others. 

"The Obstacle is The Way" is a book that I have come across, recently. It is one of the most practical and uplifting books about working Epictetus' "first principle" that I've ever read. 

Just like when I read Epictetus over 30 years ago,"The Obstacle is The Way" is having a transformative effect on my life, for the better. 

Its 27 year old author Ryan Holiday is featured in this video    

No comments: